Friday, January 18, 2008

I found the ONE

This wedding business is big business. The dress shopping experience was not at all what I had imagined, but then again, I had not really imagined it up until very recently. I started going to places by myself, as everyone was telling me that I needed to order my dress Pronto. Here I thought I could just get something "off the rack" in like, May. Apparently, things are just not set up this way.... So I started looking, seeing what I liked and didn't like...I even tried on big designer name gowns just for fun, I tried on this 8,000 Vera Wang, and told the girl I "just didn't like what she did with the pleats"....It was so much fun. I'm not sure I would ever pay that kind of money for something I only wore once, even IF I had the money. 8 grand buys an amazing full suspension bike... much more useful!
Then I returned shopping once with my girlfriend, then I brought my mom with me on Wednesday and showed her my top 2 picks. They were both equally amazing, yet with subtle differences... one not so subtle difference was the price. I didn't tell her the prices, and she also liked the one I had felt the most comfortable, the most "Me" in... First I found the ONE man, now I found the ONE dress to say "I do" in. It will be Ivory, a gorgeous Mermaid fit-to-flare. Very Sassy yet Classy. No, we didn't take any pictures. We'll take plenty in June!

1 comment:

red Jenn said...

Baby, you'll look simple stunning. A potato bag would be fabulous on you!