Saturday, January 5, 2008

BRIDEzilla EXPO

My friend Jane invited me to the Bridal EXPO today.


A year ago I would have laughed at the thought of me, going to something like this. I'm sure Jane was thinking the same thing... but she threw it out there... and I picked it up. I figured what the heck... I was definitely not "my cup of tea" but I also must admit that It was, indeed, helpful! I had sensory overload, but by the end of the day and after organizing my thoughts -and the countless flyers and business cards I got- I was able to make sense of it all, and of one thing Dan and I are sure of...

Yes, we ARE having a wedding. We want to celebrate our special day and share it with our closest friends and our families. But we agree that we do not want to get in debt over doing this. We want to keep it simple, yet wonderful. We agreed that we'd rather HAVE MORE PEOPLE there, than PLATE SETTINGS. We don't want to nor need to decorate or get flowers.... because how do you improve on nature's own beauty? That's why we are getting married outdoors!

So yeah, we'll cut cost corners... in the things that don't matter in the end. We'd like to have you all there, just you. Just us. No wedding party, stuffy sitting arrangements, no ribbons, no frill. No six hundred dollar cake! But yeah, don't worry, we'll let you eat cake!

No comments: